In Russia, showing one’s teeth with a smile may give strangers the impression that a person is simple-minded. Meanwhile, in America, those who don’t reveal their teeth while smiling at strangers are often seen as untrustworthy. For Americans lucky enough to live in Philadelphia, our smiles are a vital part of how we interact with the world, which is why implant-supported dentures may be an excellent option for those missing teeth.
The Disadvantages of Traditional Dentures
While dentures are often the cheapest option to replace missing teeth, they also come with a host of annoying issues. Here are just a few of the disadvantages of traditional dentures.
- May cause mouth sores
- Dentures can shift, causing discomfort
- Often requires dental adhesives
- Talking and eating with dentures can be problematic
- There’s always the worry of dentures falling out at embarrassing moments
- Dentures must be taken out before bed, cleaned, and left to soak in a dental solution overnight.
The Advantages of Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures (also known as dental implants) have quite a few advantages over traditional dentures. For many, implants represent the best option for replacing their missing teeth; here are a few reasons why.
- Maintaining the health of implants is no different than caring for your natural teeth.
- Implants also assist in preventing jawbone tissue loss because they copy the mechanics of natural teeth down to their roots.
- You don’t have to worry about a period of adjustment when getting implants.
- With the use of good oral hygiene, your implant-supported dentures can last a lifetime.
- Implants will prevent your natural teeth from shifting.
- Best of all, implants look and feel like your natural teeth.
Contact Us Today: (215) 624-1935
Revive Your Smile
Bring back the power of your smile today by contacting Dr. A at Innovative Dental By Dr. A located at 7052-56 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA. The practice is just two blocks away from Frankford & Cottman Avenues. You can also call us at (215) 624-1935 to set up your consultation. Don’t delay. Arrange for Dr. A and his team to restore your glorious smile today!